Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Shifting Gears

As awful as I feel like the book will be, I've kind of promised to read Pride and Prejudice if for no other reason than to have a good reason to dislike Jane Austen. That's not entirely true. I'm sure it won't be totally terrible. Although reading it comes at an interesting time because I finished McCarthy's Blood Meridian last night; it's probably the most violent and gory book I've read. Ever. Needless to say, this will be a change of gears.

Also, I would really appreciate it if the graduate schools I applied to will stop pissing about and get on with sending me my letters of whatever they have to say to me. Thanks.

And for the record, if you make Kraft Mac and Cheese, it's best not to put real cheese in. It takes away that good powdercheezy taste. Also, if the cheese succesfully melts, it looks like there are spiderwebs in your macaroni. Creepy.

3 comments:

Amanda 07 April, 2009 11:21  

my mom always used velveeta cheese in our mac & cheese. try that. it melts better.

and is horrible for you. :)

toni 08 April, 2009 15:47  

Pride and Prejudice is one of my favorite books...obviously, this means it's super great. It starts off slow...don't give up on it.

I bet you'll just looooove that Mr.Darcy.

Laura (Camp) Morgan 13 April, 2009 22:11  

I tried to read Northanger Abbey so that I could pretend to be a real girl and fall in love with Jane Austen. It didn't work at all. I couldn't even finish the book. Let us know how Pride and Prejudice works out for you.

  © Blogger template 'Isolation' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP